Safety is a major factor in a quality project. We have a detailed safety program that includes project site security, hazardous materials, worker safety, and public safety.
We help achieve client satisfaction by ensuring that our employees have a challenging, secure and safe work environment and the proper training, equipment and industry-leading technology to do their work properly.
To achieve our goal of zero accidents, East Harding requires:
- All East Harding employees and subcontractors’ employees must attend a safety orientation prior to mobilization, and attend weekly safety ‘tool box’ meetings
- All subcontractors must submit a written Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) prior to beginning any phase of work. This process examines each step of the task in order to identify potential hazards and determine the safest way to do the job
- All employees and visitors must observe our 100% usage policy for Hard Hats and Safety Glasses on all our job sites
- All employees are subject to our Zero Tolerance policy on drugs or alcohol. All employees are drug tested prior to employment, as well as randomly throughout the year and upon suspicion, and as standard operating procedure if there is an accident of any kind. Any employee that tests positive for any substances not prescribed by their physician and being used as prescribed, is terminated immediately. We can also require drug testing for all subcontractors’ employees as part of our bid specifications.
- We also conduct background checks on all workers when the security protocol of our client requires it.
As a result of these requirements, East Harding enjoys an industry-competitive .077 EMR (Experience Modification Rate), which is a strong indicator of our ability to prevent accidents and results in a lower insurance rate than some construction companies pay.
Our clients also benefit directly from our safety program because we can offer a safe and drug-free workforce that is more productive and dependable, resulting in a lower cost of doing business.
If you think more of your construction funding should actually go into the building you want to construct, you will find in East Harding a construction company that thinks like you.
That is East Harding Construction. Providing more for less.